It is crucial for nursing care providers to ensure that residents receive the right dose at the right time. BESTdose is an easy to use and feature rich medication administration tool that enables facilities to improve medication management at the bedside and proactively address potential issues and reduce medication management issues. Some of the benefits of BESTdose include:
- Real time information sharing between care providers
- One patient record shared between facility, pharmacy and doctor
- Powerful reporting across pharmacy, doctor, facility and facility groups allowing management pro-actively identify, manage and improve medication management processes.
- Compliments the 2.7 Medication Management and fulfills the national and state legislative requirements of a medication chart
- Increase productivity, and reduce medication round times
- Reduced medication incidents
- Standardised and repeatable processes
- Indicator colours for Insulin, Warfarin, short course, S8 medication
- Pre-set parameters for Warfarin and BGL ranges
- Pins for co-signing
- Alerts for potential overdosing
- Notifications for monitoring PRN effectiveness
Doctors that use BESTdoctor feel empowered because they have the most current and up to date resident information required to prescribing regardless of where they are. By using BESTdoctor, doctors can:
- Access resident information remotely and on site using their PC or mobile device.
- View medication administration and observation information.
- Chart medication electronically, with the new information available immediately at the home and pharmacy.
- Communicate live with nurses and pharmacists electronically